Alden Bianchi will be a panelist in the American Bar Association's teleconference, "Health Care Reform in the Wake of the Election."
The Supreme Court has ruled, the voters have spoken, the states are making decisions regarding Exchanges and Medicaid, the federal agencies are continuing to craft regulations, the political parties remain divided and the 2014 effective date for the main Affordable Care Act provisions is fast approaching. This program will review the current status of Health Care Reform, the reactions of the states and the road ahead for employers, administrators and providers.
In the first quarter of 2013, employers will be required to take actions, including informing their employees of exchange options, and may be looking to you for advice on the status of the following:
- Employer penalty and individual subsidies
- Essential health benefits and minimum essential coverage
- State and federal exchanges
- State choices regarding exchanges and Medicaid
- Private exchanges
- Reporting and notice issues
- Further litigation
- Robert A. Miller - Calfee Halter & Griswold LLP, Cleveland, OH
- Alden J. Bianchi - Mintz Levin, Boston, MA
- Krista Drobac - National Governors Association, Washington, DC
- Linda R. Mendel - Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP, Columbus, OH