Karen Lovitch and Tom Crane will speak at the Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council's event, "The Nuts and Bolts Of The Sunshine Act Regulation."
The Sunshine Act was enacted as part of the 2010 health reform law and requires applicable manufacturers to report annually to CMS all payments or transfers of value (including gifts, consulting fees, research activities, speaking fees, meals, and travel) from applicable manufacturers to covered recipients. The information will be posted on CMS's website with data aggregated, downloadable and searchable. This long-delayed regulation is one of the most closely watched in the device industry and will likely impose a significant compliance obligations on members. This seminar will review the nuts and bolts of the Sunshine regulation and give practical insights into compliance implementation issues.
Speakers & Topics
- Review of Sunshine Act Reporting Regulations
- Thomas S. Crane - Member, Mintz Levin
- Karen S. Lovitch - Health Law Practice Leader, Mintz Levin
- Checklist for Sunshine Act Compliance
- Cara T. Laurello - Director, Corporate Compliance & Ethics, Covidien