8:00 am - 10:00 am
Join us as we discuss the latest updates in US immigration law, current immigration issues, and what to expect in 2012. This seminar aims to prepare employers for the tough questions they will encounter as they move employees across borders and will provide practical tips on handling the challenges of having a global workforce and retaining talent from abroad.
Speakers will cover the following topics:
• Successful B-1 visa applications at consular posts in India
• E-Verify and I-9 audit trends and what to expect from ICE in 2012
• The outlook for enforcement in 2012
• PERM processing at the Department of Labor
• H-1B Cap Update
• USCIS challenges to L-1 and H-1 petitions
• Steps employers should be taking to comply with immigration-related laws
The focus of this seminar is to help businesses with an international workforce of any size plan immigration and visa issues.
Susan J. Cohen, Chair, Immigration Practice
Douglas Hauer, Member, Immigration Practice
Hot Topics in US Immigration Law