Sahir Surmeli will be speaking at the NECEC's eighth Finance Series panel session entitled The Ramifications of the JOBS Act on Clean Energy Financing and IPOs. The session will discuss the new Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act, which was meant to promote funding of U.S. small businesses by reducing various securities regulations. Because of this, clean energy companies now have additional options for raising money, including going public, seeking venture capital, and crowdfunding.
Peter Rothstein, President, New England Clean Energy Council
- Jay Spencer, Americas Cleantech Sector Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
- Sahir Surmeli, Co-Chair, Energy & Clean Technlology Practice, Mintz Levin
- Gabriel Martinez, CEO & Founder, CleanCrowd (formerly Envestex)
- Bic Stevens, President, Boston Cleantech Angels
- Dennis Costello, Managing Partner, Braemar Energy Ventures
The Ramifications of the JOBS Act on Clean Energy Financing and IPOs