Megan Gates will participate in a webinar entitled, "BDO Ac'sense 2012 JOBS Act: Implications and Considerations," presented as part of BDO USA, LLP's Ac'sense series. The webinar will provide an overview and discussion of the recently enacted Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS) Act and the implications for emerging growth companies and considerations involving streamlining the IPO process, financial reporting and disclosure requirements.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define and recognize required characteristics of emerging growth companies (EGCs) per the JOBS Act of 2012;
- Explain the streamlined process for initial public offerings and private offerings by EGCs under the JOBS Act, including scaled disclosure requirements;
- Interpret the ramifications of certain permitted exemptions involving auditor attestation requirements regarding internal controls over financial reporting, PCAOB rules, Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A) and other compensation disclosures, along with extended phase-ins for new or revised accounting standards for EGCs
- Examine considerations around opportunities for obtaining crowdfunding financing
- Review the impact of SEC rulemaking on the horizon.
Megan Gates, Member, Mintz Levin
Wendy Hambleton, National SEC Director, BDO USA, LLP
BDO Ac'sense 2012 JOBS Act: Implications and Considerations