8:00 am - 10:00 am
Join us for a discussion on the latest updates in US immigration law, current hot immigration issues, and what to expect from immigration law in 2012. This seminar aims to prepare employers to handle the tough questions they will encounter as they move employees across borders and provide practical advice on handling the challenges that come with having a global workforce and retaining talent from abroad.
Speakers will discuss the following topics and more:
• Successful B-1 visa applications at consular posts in India
• H-1B Cap Update
• USCIS challenges to L-1 and H-1 petitions
• PERM processing at the Department of Labor
• E-Verify and I-9 audit trends and what to expect from ICE in 2012
• The outlook for enforcement in 2012
• Steps employers should be taking to comply with immigration-related laws
The focus of this seminar is to help businesses with an international workforce of any size plan immigration and visa issues.
Susan J. Cohen, Chair, Immigration Practice
Douglas Hauer, Member, Immigration Practice
Hot Topics in US Immigration