Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. represented SG Biofuels, a bioenergy crop company that develops and produces genetically-modified seeds for use in non petroleum-based biofuels, in the completion of a Series A Financing, which raised $9.4 million. Mintz Levin attorneys representing SG Biofuels in the transaction included: Jeremy Glaser, Sebastian Lucier, Scott White, and Jake Romero, all based in the firm’s Corporate Practice in San Diego.
This marks the seventh deal completed by Mintz Levin’s San Diego office in the last five weeks. Other transactions included:
- The sale of San Diego-based Semtek Innovative Solutions Corporation to a publicly-traded company, VeriFone, Inc., based in San Jose, CA.
- The Series C Financing of VMIX Media, a provider of video solutions on a SAAS model to media and technology companies, with venture investors ATA Ventures and JK&B Capital.
- A financing of EMN8, a Sid. R. Bass Associates portfolio company.
- A spin out of technology by a large international technology client coupled with a financing of the new entity by two well known venture capitalists.
- A financing for San Diego-based Pathway Genomics, a privately held, venture-backed company that offers genetic health, pharmacogenetics, inherited disease, and ancestry reports.
- A Series C financing for a portfolio company of Mission Ventures.
Mintz Levin’s Corporate Practice has aided its clients in billions of dollars of public and private financings and multimillion dollar sales and acquisitions in industries as diverse as telecommunications, healthcare, biotechnology and the life sciences, manufacturing, banking, real estate, energy and clean technology, transportation, Internet and e-commerce, hardware and software, nanotechnology, and retail.
For more information about Mintz Levin, please visit www.mintz.com.