Antitrust issues are a major concern in many industries, whether you’re in a highly regulated industry or a highly competitive market. Federal and state antitrust enforcers are increasingly active, and private litigations, whether by competitors or consumer representatives, are a daily occurrence. Mintz Levin views your antitrust issues as business issues that need to be resolved efficiently and effectively. We can help you advance your business goals without running afoul of federal and state antitrust laws.
We offer comprehensive antitrust counseling services, including counseling on transactions and business practices, including acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures. We also provide antitrust advice on relations with competitors, suppliers, and customers as well as on licensing and distribution relationships. With offices on the US coasts and a network of local counsel in every state, Mintz Levin is well positioned to handle any antitrust litigation matter, including major government investigations and multistate class actions.
We regularly advise clients on how to comply with state and federal antitrust laws, consumer protection laws, and other business regulations. We also help clients avoid litigation by successfully guiding them through the transaction review process before the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Nationwide practice representing clients in complex litigation, class action, and unfair / deceptive trade practice issues under both federal and state competition laws
- Effectively challenged governmental decisions in court and in administrative proceedings
- Obtained FTC clearance for the largest competitive cable television merger ever approved by federal antitrust agencies
- Industry focus on health care and telecommunications sectors
- Attorneys who have held key positions in antitrust enforcement agencies
Areas of Focus
- Antitrust counseling
- Antitrust litigation
- Bundling of services
- Competitor collaborations
- Consumer protection matters
- Government investigations
- Hart-Scott-Rodino merger approval process
- Market allocation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Unfair or deceptive practices matters
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News: Practice Chair named “Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer” for several years in a row