Constantly changing communications laws, regulations, and business practices can be a minefield for your business. Think of our attorneys as your well-travelled guides through this fiercely competitive, volatile business environment.
With decades of experience advising clients in the communications industry, we provide seasoned representation before regulatory and legislative bodies and in court as well as offer effective support through even the most intense negotiations. What’s more, our team includes former government officials with first-hand knowledge of how regulatory and legislative activity helps determine policy.
We pursue your interests aggressively — whether you’re in a win-win situation or an adversarial must-win action. You benefit from our advice and counsel on every aspect of your business, from regulatory and legislative proposals, to litigation, to simple or sophisticated commercial transactions, including acquisitions and financings.
- Interdisciplinary team approach with attorneys from Corporate & Securities, Litigation, Antitrust, Intellectual Property, and Real Estate practices
- Represent clients before the FCC, Congress, state public utility commissions, executive branch agencies, federal and state courts
- Consult on government relations, business, and public relations through our affiliate, ML Strategies, LLC
Areas of Focus
- Regulation and legislation: Provide policymakers with information on the impact of proposed rules and laws on clients’ businesses and service offerings; assist clients in navigating government regulations and compliance issues; counseling on regulatory and policy issues affecting broadband, Internet, digital media, and mobile technology business initiatives and strategies
- Transactions: Domestic and international business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; financing arrangements; complex communications facilities and services procurement, leasing, and licensing; telecommunications-related real estate transactions; and workouts, bankruptcy, and insolvency
- Litigation: Before state and federal courts, regulatory agencies, and alternative dispute resolution tribunals
- Content, data, and information privacy and protection: Privacy, security, and confidentiality matters for data and voice transmissions, the distribution of high-value video and audio content, personal identification information, and more
Rankings & Recognitions
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers:
- Practice ranked National Tier 1 for Communications Law
- Chambers USA:
- Practice ranked in DC for Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Regulatory