Your law firm shouldn’t be a stranger to change when it comes to the wireline communications industry. Our attorneys are on the forefront of the issues surrounding business, technological, legislative, and regulatory changes in wireline communications, and are poised to help your business evolve as well as take advantage of new opportunities — from the Federal Communications Commission’s broadband expansion initiatives to consumer demand for voice, data, and video over wirelines.
We assist major communications companies in all aspects of their telecommunications and broadband strategies, including negotiating interconnection, peering and revenue sharing agreements, and serving as regulatory counsel for mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, distressed telecommunications asset purchases, and a multitude of other transactions.
Mintz Levin also provides counsel on federal and state regulatory issues surrounding the provision of wireline services within the intrastate, interstate, and international telecommunications markets, including intercarrier compensation, universal service, rights-of-way, building and network access, slamming, international settlements policy, voice-over Internet protocol services (VoIP), and the preparation and filing of state and federal regulatory reports.
- Firm helped shape Telecommunications Act of 1996
- Leader in helping clients understand and be heard with regard to ongoing telecommunications legislation
- Extensive experience in representing telecommunications companies and trade associations in rulemaking proceedings, complaint proceedings, and regulatory matters before federal and state regulatory bodies
- Experienced litigators deal effectively with telecommunications matters in both state and federal courts
Areas of Focus
- Telecommunications Act of 1996: Competitive framework implementation, litigation, counsel on proposed legislation
- Domestic and international business transactions
- Regulatory, legislative, and litigation matters before the FCC, Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, executive branch agencies, state public utility commissions, and state and federal courts
Rankings & Recognitions
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Practice ranked National Tier 1 for Communications Law
- Chambers USA:
- Practice ranked in DC for Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Regulatory
- Practice chair:
- Ranked in Chambers USA in DC for Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Regulatory
- Recipient of National Cable & Telecommunications Association Vanguard Award for Associates & Affiliates in 2010