When it comes to employee benefits, it’s not just a balancing act between the needs of your organization and the needs of employees. You also have to navigate through constantly changing state and federal laws in order to stay in compliance and avoid the risk of fines or costly litigation. Mintz Levin’s attorneys can advise you on making cost-effective decisions and help keep your organization in compliance.
We represent global corporations, US businesses, trade associations, tax-exempt colleges, universities and independent schools, hospitals and integrated health care systems, hedge funds, private equity pools, employee benefits consultants and brokers, health insurance companies, and others on a broad spectrum of benefits and compensation matters. Our lawyers have participated in hundreds of mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate reorganizations, advising sellers, buyers, lenders, and intermediaries on compensation and benefits issues affecting their transactions.
We are counsel to dozens of 401(k) committees, and our advice is regularly sought out on plan governance and fiduciary compliance. Our lawyers routinely assist large pension funds to engage in sophisticated investment strategies, including equity swaps and other hedging arrangements. We advise multi-employer arrangements and funded welfare trusts. We practice before the IRS, Department of Labor, and the SEC, among other regulatory agencies.
- Multiple attorneys listed in Chambers USA for Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Clients across the nation served from the firm’s offices in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC
- Practice has published seven benefits-related books and hundreds of articles
Areas of Focus
- Benefits-related aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Deferred compensation arrangements
- ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction issues
- Fringe benefit plans
- Health and welfare plans
- Qualified and nonqualified retirement plans
- Health care reform
- Stock and stock-based compensation arrangements