Keeping trade secrets secret is vital to a company’s success. But sensitive information has never been at greater risk of falling into the wrong hands. Technology and the increased mobility of the workforce makes today’s global marketplace a risky environment for data and information theft. Whether you are an employer fighting to maintain your competitive edge or an executive looking to avoid legal action, you need to take the right steps to protect your interests.
Mintz Levin has a broad-based team of knowledgeable attorneys to assist you. Commanding substantial experience across US and international jurisdictions with noncompete agreements, trade secret laws, and other issues relating to employee mobility, we have helped companies across a wide range of industries protect their confidential information and trade secrets — developing proactive strategies, and, when necessary, representing our clients’ interests in court. We also provide practical counsel to help executives avoid mistakes that could put them or their new employers in jeopardy.
- Attorneys with 20+ years of experience with noncompete issues and trade secret law in multiple jurisdictions worldwide
- Backed by 100+ litigators
- Prosecute, defend, and try noncompete and trade secret actions
- Multidisciplinary practice, including privacy, intellectual property, and immigration attorneys
- Trade secret and unfair competition protections, including covenants not to compete, nonsolicitation provisions, no-hire clauses, and other post-employment restrictions
Areas of Focus
- Litigate noncompete restrictions and trade secret protections in federal and state courts and at arbitration
- Draft noncompete agreements with employees, independent contractors, joint venture partners, and others
- Provide multijurisdictional representation
- Anticipate and minimize risk of parallel actions