High-stakes securities litigation demands the attention of sophisticated counsel experienced with civil and criminal proceedings, internal investigations, and SEC and other federal and state regulatory actions. The outcomes of these cases can be vital to you and your company’s future.
Our team has an extraordinary record of success representing clients in securities class actions, derivative suits, litigation, and SEC or other regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings. As a firm that has tried and won securities cases, we will not hesitate to take a case to trial when it is necessary and in your best interest. We believe that our reputation as excellent trial attorneys helps to force settlements on terms that are very favorable to our clients.
As our track record demonstrates, we take an aggressive and cost-effective approach to defending securities suits by seeking dismissal as early as possible to avoid expensive and time-consuming discovery. In a number of cases, we succeeded in persuading plaintiffs to withdraw their claims even before the court issued a decision.
- Significant trial experience
- National reputation as lead defense counsel in handling securities class actions, government investigations relating to allegations of financial misconduct, and regulatory enforcement proceedings
- Successful track record resolving complex claims in parallel proceedings
- Deep experience representing companies, directors and officers, special committees, investment advisors, funds, and broker-dealers with securities-related concerns
- $3+ billion recovered for clients through our unique Institutional Investor Class Action Recovery Practice
Areas of Focus
- Broker-dealer issues
- Class actions
- Complex derivatives issues
- Contested mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate compliance
- Corporate control disputes
- Financial fraud
- Gifts and gratuities
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Chambers USA, Best Law Firms (Securities Regulation), Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Ethisphere Institute's Attorneys Who Matter