Each distressed debt workout has its own complex mix of credit, legal, strategic, and tax implications for bondholders and trustees. You need lawyers who understand your concerns as well as the tax-exempt market rules in order to represent your interests effectively and efficiently.
We will work with you to develop an appropriate capital recovery strategy, and then vigorously implement it. Our multidisciplinary team of seasoned bond, restructuring, tax, and securities law attorneys is nationally known for their work representing bondholders and trustees in troubled credits and financing structures.
Our clients include bondholders, trustees, and credit enhancers. Our bondholder clients are among the largest institutional investors in tax-exempt and taxable securities, including mutual funds, insurance companies, asset managers and private equity funds, and both traditional and crossover buyers. We also represent trade organizations and other market participants.
- 20+ attorneys
- Multidisciplinary team, including senior attorneys experienced in public finance, bankruptcy, restructuring, creditor’s rights, real estate, and litigation
- National practice
- Experience working with bankruptcy judges, attorneys, and consultants around the country
- Industry experience:
- Charter schools
- Land-secured financing
- Nursing homes
- Project finance
Areas of Focus
- Bond exchanges
- Bondholders’ or trustees’ counsel for troubled credits
- Complex financing structures and instruments, such as securitizations and derivatives
- Liquidation and foreclosure, both in and out of bankruptcy
- Preserving tax exemption of tax-exempt bonds
- Restructuring, both in and out of bankruptcy