Investing in a facility allows your institution to not only fulfil its educational mission, but also to ensure its long-term growth and sustainability. Through tax-exempt bond financing programs, we have helped institutions invest in the building of state-of-the-art educational facilities to provide some of the best education in the world, but also in building laboratory space to perform government- and corporate-funded research. These investments have helped to drive job creation on a local, regional, and national scale.
A significant portion of Mintz Levin’s Public Finance Practice focuses on the representation of state agencies issuing bonds on behalf of educational institutions. We serve as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, purchasers’ counsel, and general counsel for numerous colleges, universities, and secondary schools. Our attorneys have served as bond counsel to state agencies on numerous transactions, including developing financing programs. In addition to this financing work, we also serve as special advocacy counsel to the National Association of Health and Educational Facilities Finance Authorities (NAHEFFA), assisting this issuer trade organization in developing and advocating for their national legislative and regulatory agendas.
- $4.9+ billion in tax-exempt and taxable financings for colleges, universities, educational financing agencies, and secondary schools
- Special advisory counsel to NAHEFFA since 1997
- Conduct post-issuance compliance webinars for universities and 501(c)(3) organizations. View the post-issuance compliance webinar.
Areas of Focus
- Bond counsel
- Borrower’s counsel
- Interest rate swaps and other derivatives
- Lines of credit and other bank facilities
- Private placements
- Taxable medium- and long-term debt financings
- Tax-exempt financings
- Underwriter’s counsel
Rankings & Recognitions
- Practice consistently ranked by Thomson Reuters as among the top firms nationally as disclosure counsel, bond counsel, and underwriters’ counsel, and among the top firms for disclosure counsel in the Northeast