Today, law enforcement agencies are casting a wider net and are aggressively pursuing individuals and organizations to detect wrongdoing. Being the target of an investigation can cost you more than your reputation.
Our white collar defense attorneys represent both individuals and businesses in a wide range of federal, state, and administrative criminal matters. We have tried some of the most highly publicized white collar criminal cases in the country and established an extraordinary success rate. As criminal inquiries and administrative proceedings often move forward simultaneously, our attorneys are skilled at managing both to facilitate a global resolution.
Early on, we develop aggressive and creative strategies for managing grand jury and other governmental investigations to help you avoid indictment. By vigorously defending against allegations from the outset, we often succeed in convincing prosecutors not to proceed criminally against our clients, or to otherwise resolve matters short of indictment. We also regularly help clients conduct internal investigations designed to detect and correct problems before the government becomes involved.
- Reputation for taking tough cases to trial and winning
- Experience helping companies achieve global (civil and criminal) resolution
- Successfully defended publicly traded companies, and their former and current officers and directors, in enforcement actions and civil and criminal fraud suits
- Successfully handled internal investigations to privately resolve clients’ issues
- Years of experience representing individuals who are subjects, targets, or witnesses in government or internal investigations
- Attorneys who have served in government agencies, including:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- UK Financial Services Authority
- US Attorneys’ Offices
- State Attorneys’ General Offices
Areas of Focus
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers and include the following:
- Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” for Criminal Defense / White Collar (2011)
- “Top Gun” in Ethisphere Institute’s Attorneys Who Matter (2011)
- ILO Client Choice Award winner for White Collar Crime (2011)
- BTI Client Service All-Star (2011)