The financial consequences of your business having FCPA or UK Bribery Act compliance issues can be devastating. It’s more important than ever for your business to have counsel who know how to proactively address its compliance issues as well as to help you minimize the impact of a government investigation on its operations.
Mintz Levin has successfully guided individuals, companies, and financial institutions in resolving FCPA and UK Bribery Act compliance issues, assessing the adequacy of anti-bribery policies and procedures, drafting and implementing new anti-bribery policies, and handling internal and government investigations. Our team has significant international compliance, transactional, and enforcement experience advising in FCPA and UK Bribery Act related matters as well as the related areas of antitrust, securities and corporate fraud, money laundering, global sanctions, anti-boycott, and data security.
Based on the most recent investigations and prosecutions, US law enforcement is making every possible effort to expand the FCPA’s reach using novel investigative techniques, broadly interpreting key terms in the relevant statutes, and generally igniting increased enforcement efforts around the globe. Moreover, the recent enactment of the UK Bribery Act is prompting businesses with international operations to closely reevaluate their anti-bribery initiatives.
In the United States, many sectors are under the enforcement microscope, including health care, energy, and communications. Regulatory and prosecution authorities have also demonstrated a greater focus on individual liability, resulting in criminal charges being filed against more than 50 corporate executives in just the past three years. We can expect similar efforts by UK law enforcement and increased cooperation between US and UK authorities. These trends are prompting multinational businesses to more closely assess their potential exposure in these areas through a thorough examination of their compliance programs as well as their global risk assessment strategies.
- Multidisciplinary team comprised of white collar, securities, risk management, litigation, and corporate attorneys
- Significant experience in government investigations and regulatory compliance
- Team includes former supervisor who oversaw the FCPA Unit at the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Attorneys who have served in government agencies, including:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- UK Financial Services Authority
- US Attorneys’ Offices
- State Attorneys’ General Offices
- Demonstrated success representing individuals and companies across a wide variety of FCPA and UK Bribery matters
Areas of Focus
- Compliance programs
- Distribution agreements
- Due diligence and analysis
- Export controls
- FCPA investigations and defense
- FCPA and UK Bribery Act policies and procedures
- Geographic risk analysis
- Internal compliance audits
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Training programs
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers and include the following:
- Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” for Criminal Defense / White Collar (2011)
- “Top Gun” in Ethisphere Institute’s Attorneys Who Matter (2011)
- ILO Client Choice Award winner for White Collar Crime (2011)
- BTI Client Service All-Star (2011)