- Represented Myriad Genetics, Inc. in multiple acquisitions, including its $375M acquisition of Counsyl, its $225M acquisition of Assurex Health, as well as its $270M acquisition of Crescendo Bioscience, Inc.
- Represented ImmunoGen Inc. (NASDAQ:IMGN), a clinical-stage biotechnology company that develops targeted cancer therapeutics using its proprietary ADC technology, in its $200M sale of a portion of royalty streams for drug product which was licensed to Genentech, a large private biotechnology company.
- Investor-side representation in the $23.9M Series B financing of Veritas Genetics International Limited, led by Trustbridge Partners Consulting (US) Ltd.; Jiangsu Simcere Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; and Lilly Asia Ventures.
- Represented Vedanta Biosciences, Inc. in its $50M Series B financing led by Rock Springs Capital; Invesco Asset Management; Health For Life Capital (Seventure); and PureTech.
- Represented Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. in its $300M synthetic royalty financing led by various existing and institutional investors.
- Represent one of the nation's leading academic research centers in helping to determine the value and quality of ideas presented to the technology transfer office by inventors. The Mintz team creaties and implements patenting strategies to position select assets for the greatest success in the market for this institution, which is very focused on launching successful commercial ventures with its inventors’ ideas. Among the dozens of patent families managed by the firm are complex biotech, chemical and medical technology assets, including therapeutic agents in clinical trials and medical devices in current clinical use.
- Represent one of the top medical schools and universities in the United States. Assist in the preparation, filing, and prosecution of patent applications directed to cancer therapy, tissue regeneration, and neurological disorders such as the use of a compound derived from an herb used in ancient Chinese medicine to treat seizure disorders.
- Represent as lead patent counsel since 1999 a biotech company focused on probiotic and nutraceutical products, which at the time had a small portfolio. The firm has helped to grow this portfolio to more than 250 global applications and issued patents, covering products such as probiotic foods and beverages, probiotic supplements, topical applications and feed additives for use in animal health and livestock production which are now sold in major retail centers across the country.
- Represent as sole patent counsel an early-stage oncology-focused biotechnology company committed to the discovery of synthetic lethality medicines that target DNA damage and repair for genetically defined patient populations. Helped the company with diligence in a partnered portfolio, and in preparing and filing its first applications.
- Represent as lead patent counsel a client focused on improving the lives of people with cancer through innovative antibody-based therapies. The company's lead product is used to treat patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma. In addition to patent prosecution and strategy, the firm has helped to successfully defend against oppositions filed in Europe and the equivalent in invalidation proceedings in Japan.
- Serve as patent counsel for a drug discovery and development company that has generated a revolutionary new class of anti-microbial and ‘gene silencing’ compounds in its efforts to combat the increasing risks posed by infectious disease, including those classed as "super bugs". Issuance of a number of patents prosecuted by the Mintz team proved instrumental in our client's successfully concluding a transaction to co-develop antibiotic surgical materials with a strategic partner.
- Won an arbitration award, following over a week of trial, completely dismissing all claims of material breach of a collaboration agreement that would have deprived our client, an international biotech company, of its fifty percent interest in a billion-dollar drug.
- Provided compliance advice on fraud and abuse issues to the world’s largest biotech company with differentiated medicines in oncology, virology, inflammation, and metabolism and the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics.
Mintz and Mergermarket produced a comprehensive report on recent M&A activity in the life sciences sector. We asked 100 US-based executives to share what motivated their latest transaction and their post-closing integration experiences.
Mintz secured a full release of a biopharmaceutical company in a Louisiana state court case over alleged inflated drug price reporting. The client agreed to a nuisance value settlement of the case, resolving claims its actions cost the state’s Medicaid program more than $20 million.
Mintz provides FDA, data privacy, and clinical compliance advice to a publicly traded biotechnology company developing nucleic acid therapeutic candidates for rare genetic diseases, including Huntington’s disease and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Mintz also helped the client expand its R&D program.
In federal and state cases alleging a large pharmaceutical client and its co-developer failed to adequately warn regarding the risk of personal injury, Mintz delivered wins on every substantive issue, in every case, in every jurisdiction.
Mintz transactional and health regulatory professionals represented clinical-stage oncology company G1 Therapeutics in its $108.6 million initial public offering (IPO).
Mintz represented ImmunoGen, a maker of targeted anticancer therapeutics, in a transaction that netted $194 million. The deal provided ImmunoGen with cash and liquid assets in exchange for assigning certain royalty revenues for the breast cancer treatment Kadcyla to TPG Special Situations Partners.
Mintz has represented oncology-focused biotherapeutic company Inhibrx LP since its inception. Mintz attorneys have advised Inhibrx on licensing deals and financing deals involving unusual corporate and tax structuring and international aspects.
Mintz helped patent prosecution client Glycosyn defend its exclusive patent rights against the company's largest competitor, a global company selling infringing ingredients used in baby formula.
Mintz advised biopharma company Spero Therapeutics on an agreement with Everest Medicines regarding the development and commercialization of a product to treat multidrug-resistant bacterial infections and option to license another.
Mintz represented BeiGene, Ltd. in its global strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation to develop and commercialize BeiGene’s cell death protein 1 (PD-1) inhibitor tislelizumab (BGB-A317) for patients with solid tumor cancers. Mintz also assists BeiGene with licensing transactions.
Mintz’s work for synthetic biotic company Synlogic Inc. has included raising over $100 million in three VC financing rounds. Mintz attorneys also helped Synlogic form a multiyear global R&D collaboration with AbbVie and raise more than $40 million in an IPO via a reverse merger with Mirna Therapeutics.