- Advised a number of clients on all aspects of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) compliance, including enforcement, investigations, infractions, and appeals. Negotiated the reduction of various NCAA penalties assessed to universities, athletics personnel, and student-athletes.
- Advised a college's athletic program in regard to violations involving the inspector general's office of the government.
- Provided employment advice and counseling to the Big Ten Conference on key employment and executive compensation issues for its senior staff.
- Advised a university on certain terms for the contract of its then-head football coach, who was at the time subject to high recruitment elsewhere due to the team’s top 5 national ranking.
- Advised a private university on a number of employment matters including compliance with Title IX, regulations applicable to athletics aid and participation, and NCAA bylaws and policies.
Mintz advised the Board of the Big Ten Conference on employment and executive compensation issues at the commissioner level. The conference currently consists of fourteen nationally acclaimed academic institutions.
Mintz has advised over 200 academic institutions on employment matters and executive compensation. Mintz attorneys counsel colleges on Title IX compliance, employment contracts, and policies for athletics personnel and conduct internal investigations on allegations of NCAA violations or matters involving inquiries from federal agencies.
Mintz advised an FBS institution on employment matters, including compliance with Title IX, regulations applicable to athletics aid and participation, and NCAA bylaws and policies. The university used Mintz’s guidance to update its Title IX training and compliance policies.