- Represented GenOn in National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit appeals to the EPA's Environmental Appeals Board as well as on other permitting matters.
- Represented the Central Artery/Tunnel (CA/T) project in securing the project’s major federal and state environmental impact and permit approvals and in defending the project against numerous environmental adjudicatory and state and federal litigation appeals.
- Lead the effort in Massachusetts to obtain all federal, state, and local environmental permits for development of the Greater Springfield Reliability Project and other improvements to the high-voltage electric transmission system serving New England.
- Representing a resort developer in connection with environmental and legal issues relating to the remediation and redevelopment of its waterfront site
- Represent the largest retail pharmacy company in the United States in connection with it's national expansion plan, including negotiating with regulatory agencies and third parties regarding remediation, advising on strategy and problem-solving, and coordinating environmental compliance of sites before, during, and after development.
After helping GE negotiate an agreement with MassDevelopment to sell 2.7 acres on Boston’s Fort Point Channel, Mintz represented GE in the sale and a leaseback of two historic brick buildings on the site from the new owner — all within six months of the initial discussions.
For 20 years, Mintz has represented a client in real estate purchases, leases, development projects, and sale and leaseback deals involving more than 3,500 of the company’s retail properties. Mintz also developed a due diligence and compliance protocol for current or former brownfields properties.
Mintz and ML Strategies helped GE with acquisition and planning for its new headquarters campus in Boston. Attorneys and professionals with real estate, land use, environmental permitting, and construction experience worked with ML Strategies to help guide the public/private collaborative effort.
Mintz assisted a global gaming resort with redeveloping a Brownfield site. Mintz attorneys advised the client on risks related to contamination on the former chemical manufacturing site and helped the client defend its construction permits, Chapter 91 license, and MEPA certificate.