The DOE recently announced a $3.5 million grant focusing on monitoring the environmental impact of marine technologies. Details are below:
1. Environmental Stewardship for Renewable Energy Technologies: MHK Environmental and Resource Characterization Instrumentation
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 4/7/2014 5:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 5/22/2014 5:00 PM ET
- Details: This grant “will support the development of instrumentation, associated signal processing algorithms or software, and integration of instrumentation packages for monitoring the environmental impacts of marine and hydrokinetic technologies. It will also support the development and testing of sensors, instrumentation, or processing techniques to collect physical data on ocean waves (e.g., height, period, directionality, steepness).”
- Further instructions and documents: Click here.
The DOE has also earmarked funds for numerous loan programs in different sectors. One notable example is the $8 billion solicitation for the Fossil Energy loan guarantee program listed below:
1. Loan Guarantee: Advanced Fossil Energy Projects
- First Part I Submission Due Date: February 28, 2014
- First Part II Submission Due Date: May 30, 2014
- Last Part I Submission Due Date: October 30, 2015
- Last Part II Submission Due Date: January 29, 2016
- Details: "DOE seeks applications for loan guarantees to finance projects and facilities located in the United States that employ innovative and advanced fossil energy technologies (“Advanced Fossil Energy Projects”) that avoid, reduce, or sequester anthropogenic emission of greenhouse gases. DOE will make up to eight billion dollars ($8,000,000,000) in loan guarantee authority available under this Solicitation for Advanced Fossil Energy Projects."
A renewable energy loan guarantee funding opportunity announcement from DOE is also anticipated by the end of the year.