Alden Bianchi will be speaking in two sessions at the 4th Annual Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress to be held October 24-26, 2012 in Miami, FL.
The Affordable Care Act: Taxes, Taxes and (21) More Taxes
Thursday, October 25th at 4:40 PM - 5:30 PM
Benjamin Franklin once said the only thing that is certain in life is death and taxes. The Affordable Care Act made sure of the latter, adding 21 new revenue-raisers. In this session, you will learn:
- Which of the new taxes impact employer-sponsored group health plans,
- What coordination is required with payroll departments to implement new withholding and reporting requirements,
- What impact the law might have on highly-compensated executives, and
- What is the Cadillac tax and how can employers avoid it.
Essential Health Benefits ~ What Are They?
Friday, October 26th at 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM
The Affordable Care Act creates a new concept known as “essential health benefits,” which has huge significance under the law. Unfortunately, few understand exactly what this term means. In this session, you will learn:
- Why essential health benefits are important on the exchanges,
- Why essential health benefits are important to employers outside of the exchanges,
- How to select a “benchmark” for determining what essential health benefits means to your plan, and
- What changes are expected in the future.