Mintz Levin will host a live event and webinar to discuss the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). Organizations are confronted with unique issues when dealing with a potential employee’s immigration status. In addition to Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) requirements, you must also comply with the employment laws that vary state by state. This program will discuss ways to ensure that your organization stays in compliance with current laws and regulations regarding the hiring and firing of non-resident employees without violating employment laws. We will cover the following topics:
- Who does IRCA protect?
- How to avoid discrimination in recruiting, hiring, and Form I-9 processing
- What you can and should ask during an interview
- What to do when laws conflict
- Do your employment and hiring policies comply with OSC, EEOC, and state requirements?
- David Barmak - Chair, Employment, Labor & Benefits Practice
- Doug Hauer - Section Manager, Immigration Practice
701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20004