Mintz Levin will host a webinar, "The New HIPAA Omnibus Rule & Your Liability."
Covered entities are greeting the new year with the first, sweeping overhaul of the HIPAA privacy and security rules in a decade. Business associates and downstream entities beware: You now have direct liability under HIPAA and new compliance obligations.
Join us for this timely webinar to learn about the new regulations and how these changes impact you. We'll discuss:
- New marketing rules
- Updated breach notification analysis
- Updating your existing business associate agreements
- The impact on employers with certain employee benefit plans
- Overlapping and continually evolving state data security laws that must be evaluated along with HIPAA in order to ensure full compliance with privacy and security requirements
- Dianne Bourque, Member, Health Law Practice
- Cynthia Larose, Chair, Privacy & Security Practice
- Alden Bianchi, Practice Group Leader, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice
- Kimberly Gold, Associate, Health Law Practice