2016 brought several significant changes in the options available to foreign national employees and their families. In addition, President Trump and his administration have promised more restrictionist policies and increased worksite enforcement in 2017 — suggesting that employer compliance with immigration regulations will be more important than ever.
Please join Mintz Levin's Kevin McNamara, Susan Cohen, and Bill Coffman as they review the changes affecting the hiring and continued employment of foreign nationals and provide guidance for compliance in an era of increased enforcement. Our panel of seasoned immigration attorneys will cover key changes in immigration law, share employer best practices, and predict developments on the horizon to help you plan effective compliance strategies. This seminar will begin with an update on the status of the travel ban and related fast-breaking, urgent immigration issues. CLE and SHRM credit available!
- Worksite visit preparation, including recordkeeping requirements
- The new Form I-9 and the importance of I-9 and E-Verify compliance
- How to prepare for increased scrutiny at a US port of entry
- New high-skilled worker regulations and how they help you and your employees
- The H-1B visa cap and prospects for FY 2018: strategies and alternatives
- 8:00 am: Registration
- 8:30 – 10:00 am: Program
- 10:00 – 10:30 am: Networking
To register, please click here.