Mark J. Riedy will chair the session, "Bioenergy: Driving the Market Forward," at the 2nd Annual Renewable Energy Finance Forum - Latin America and Caribbean. The bioenergy market in LAC faces controversy due to reliance on feedstock but it also offers an important opportunity for much needed fuels and energy supply for the region. It is also important for this market to keep competitive in the international arena. Speakers will discuss the following topics:
- International biofuels markets and how the LAC compares – is there potential for U.S. technology transfer?
- Renewable fuels and the potential for market standardization –advances in smart vehicles and increasing demand for biofuels
- Issues with feedstock assurance and finding ways to make bioenergy socially acceptable
- Making the transition to 2nd generation feedstock – how can this be achieved?
- Opportunities for waste to energy and biothermal for heating and cooling
Mark J. Riedy, Member, Mintz Levin
Diego Lozano, President, Campo Capital
Mike Bowman, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Sturman Industries
Michael Rocke, VP Business Development, CoolPlanet Biofuels
Suzanne Hunt, Senior Advisor, Carbon War Room
Bioenergy: Driving the Market Forward