Bill Hicks will speak in the webinar, "JOBS Act Part II: What Role May Revised Rule 506 Offerings and Crowdfunding Play in Biotech?" presented by BioWorld®.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act has created a lot of buzz about new opportunities for small investors through crowdfunding. This new legislation will allow general solicitation in Rule 506 private placements and permit companies to issue equity in crowdfunding campaigns -- if they follow parameters to be set by the SEC.
The panel of industry, financial and legal professionals will provide valuable insights and strategies on how companies can leverage crowdfunding.
Key Takeaways for Participants:
- Consider challenges life sciences firms may face in seeking funding from the crowd,
- Learn ground rules for permissible general solicitations under Rule 506 that the SEC might impose in implementing rules
- Understand the parameters the JOBS Act gave the SEC for crowdfunding rule making
- Find out how crowdfunding might be used by life sciences entrepreneurs – after the SEC issues implementing rules
- Learn how the ability to conduct general solicitations or crowdfunding may strengthen issuer leverage in discussions with traditional investors
- See how issuers and placement agents may utilize the new flexibility to market broadly to attract new investment
- Understand the new parameters the JOBS Act has created for intermediary web sites that plan to facilitate crowdfunding and Rule 506 offerings without becoming broker dealers
- Find out how changes to the shareholder thresholds at which public registration is required facilitate these new private placement options
- Know the risks involved – there will be new costs burdens for companies and increased risk of fraud to investors
- William C. Hicks, Member, Mintz Levin
- Jack Hogoboom, Member, Lowenstein Sandler
- David S. Schechner, Managing Director, Canaccord Genuity
- Shalini Sharp, Chief Financial Officer, Ultragenyx