Alden J. Bianchi will present a West LegalEdcenter webcast entitled, "Complying with the Affordable Care Act: A Roadmap for Employers for 2013 and Beyond."
With the Supreme Count having upheld the essential features of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, employers are now confronted with real and complex compliance challenges and deadlines. Certain of the Acts provisions—e.g., relating to W-2 reporting, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage, and the $2,500 cap on elective medical FSA elections—go into effect in 2013 or sooner. And in 2014, the Act’s most important provisions affecting employers become law. These include the Act’s “employer shared responsibility” rules (a/k/a the “pay-or-play” mandate) as well as new rules governing waiting periods. In 2015 and following, other rules come on line relating to an expansion of access to state-based insurance exchanges by employers and the tax on “Cadillac” plans. This program will explore these and other coming challenges that employers face a they endeavor to come into compliance.
• What the Supreme Court decided and what it means for employers
• The “hidden tax” on employers in states the decline the Medicaid expansion
• The common legal battle over premium tax subsidies
• The three provisions of the Act that employers need to address now
• The status of “employer shared responsibility”—what we now to date and what’s coming
• What’s a “full-time” employee, and why it matters
• Long-term compliance strategies and plan design options
Complying with the Affordable Care Act: A Roadmap for Employers for 2013 and Beyond