- HealthpointCapital, a private equity firm focusing on the musculoskeletal space, in connection with:
- Sale to Modern Dental Group Limited, a global dental prosthetic device provider, of MicroDental Laboratories, a leading network of dental labs across North America.
- $275 mm sale of Blue Belt Holdings, Inc., a developer of robotic-assisted surgical systems, to Smith & Nephew, Inc., a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company.
- MPE Partners, a private equity firm focusing on lower middle market leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and build up investments in high-value manufacturing and industrial services, in connection with:
- Recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, Inc.
- Ongoing management of portfolio company corporate governance.
- Represented PE-backed optometry and ophthalmology conglomerate in multiple portfolio company acquisitions.
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners, a middle-market private equity firm, in connection with the acquisition of the Aequor group of companies, a healthcare, IT and clinical staffing company.
- Represented HRS Management, the family office of Apollo Management co-founder Joshua Harris, in its investment in US Fitness, the leading operator of high amenity, high value health and fitness clubs across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast United States.
- Represented Corinthian Capital, a middle-market private equity firm focusing on manufacturing, distribution and service spaces, in its sale of Friedrich Air Conditioning to Monomoy Capital Partners.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented ATN International (formerly known as Atlantic Tele-Network), a publicly traded company focusing on communications and renewable energy services, in connection with:
- $145 mm acquisition of Innovative group of companies, a provider of telecommunications and media services in U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten.
- Sale of Sovernet, a provider of high-capacity network transport, broadband internet, data center and voice services in Vermont and New York, to Oak Hill Capital Partners.
- Represented Myriad Genomics, a Nasdaq-listed molecular diagnostics company, in its acquisition of Assurex Health, an informatics-based precision medicine company for up to $410 million.
- Represented Time Inc. in its sale of Essence Magazine.
- Represented the owners of Viactiv, the popular flavored calcium supplement chew, in the sale of the product to Adare and TPG.
- Represented artificial intelligence firm in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Ford Motors.
- Represented STRAN Technologies, a U.S.-based producer of harsh environment and tactical interconnect products and services in the military/aerospace and oil/gas industries, in its acquisition by Corning Industries, a multinational technology company in the industrial and scientific spaces.
- Represented various buyers of auto dealership portfolios.
- Represented DropCar in its merger with WPCS, after which DropCar became a publicly traded company, listed on Nasdaq.
- Represented Right Networks, a provider of cloud solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, in its recapitalization by BV Investment Partners.
- Represented Laddawn, Inc., a manufacturer of plastic packaging products, in its acquisition by Berry Global, Inc., a fortune 500 company.
- Represented a $3 billion distributor of pharmaceuticals and health and beauty care products in its closing of a $1.2 billion asset-based credit facility, with an accordion to increase it to $1.4.
- Routine representation of underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities.
In a case alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, a Mintz corporate and litigation team led by lawyers Seth Goldman and Stephen Curley achieved a very favorable settlement for plaintiffs — minority stockholders who hadn’t received a financial return on their early-stage investment in FragranceNet.com.