Representative M&A Transactions
- The sale of FloDesign Sonics, Inc., a developer of a unique acoustic cell processing platform for the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing, to EMD Millipore, the U.S. affiliate of Merck KGaA
- The acquisition by Parkview International, Inc., a family office, of two Embassy Suites® hotels from Blue Mountain Capital
- The sale of assets of Seedinvest, LLC, an equity crowdfunding platform to Circle Internet Financial Limited
- The acquisition by Grünenthal GmbH of pharmaceutical assets from Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- The sale of Artierocyte Medical Systems, a private-equity back medical device company, to ITSO Holdings, a portfolio company of Thompson Street Capital Partners
- The sale of Archibus, an integrated workplace management system, to JMI Equity
- The acquisition by K.D. Pharma GmbH, a refiner and supplier of Omega-3, of assets of Sancilio Pharmaceuticals Company, Inc.
- The sale by ATN International, Inc. of a portion of its U.S. Wireline business, located in the northeastern United States and operating as Sovernet Communications, to TVC Albany, Inc., an affiliate of Oak Hill Capital Partners
- The sale by Corinthian Capital of Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd. to Monomoy Capital Partners
- The acquisition by ATN International, Inc. of the membership interests of Caribbean Assets Holdings LLC, the holding company for the Innovative Group of companies operating cable TV, internet and landline services primarily in the U.S. Virgin Islands from the National Rural Utilities Corporative Finance Corporation
- The sale by Mount Sinai Hospital, Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center of assets relating to their outreach lab business to Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- The acquisition by a UK based healthcare company of assets relating to wellness devices, applications and data services for monitoring patients, health and wellness program participants
- The sale by Corinthian Capital of Wolf-Gordon, Inc., a design company providing wallcovering, upholstery, drapery textiles and paint to Saw Mill Capital
- The acquisition of Aciex Therapeutics, Inc. by Nicox S.A., each ophthalmic biotechnology companies
- The sale of a Medicaid and Medicare plan business by an affiliate of Healthfirst, Inc. to Wellcare Health Plans of New Jersey, Inc.
- The acquisition of a managed long-term care program business by an affiliate of Healthfirst, Inc. from HHH Choices Health Plan, LLC
- The acquisition of a prepaid health services plan business and management and administrative services business by Healthfirst, Inc. and its affiliate from MediSys Health Network, Inc. and other sellers
- The sale of Latin American Holdings Inc., a trade credit and political risk insurance program administrator to Allied World Assurance Holdings (U.S.) Inc.
- The sale of BGS Pharmacy Holding Company, Inc., a private-equity backed specialty pharmacy company, to Pharmacy Corporation of America
- The acquisition of a physician outsourcing business by an affiliate of Team Health, Inc. from Marshall Physician Services, LLC
- The acquisition of a solar energy equipment distribution, engineering, design and financing business by Soligent, LLC, a private-equity backed company, from Itochu International, Inc.
- The sale of AisleBuyer, LLC, a mobile shopping platform business, to Intuit Inc.
- The sale of Omega Engineering, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and customized solutions in the process measurement and control industry, to Spectris plc
- The sale of Butler Hill Group, LLC, a linguistics consulting for technologies business, to Appen Holdings Pty Limited ACN
- The acquisition of Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, by a private equity fund
- The sale of New York Medical College by the Archdiocese of New York to Touro College
- The sale of American Technical Ceramics Corp., a publicly traded manufacturer of electronic components, to AVX Corporation
- The sale of Telx Group, Inc., a premier operator of telecommunications facilities, to GI Partners
- The sale of Ellen Tracy, Inc. to Liz Claiborne, Inc.
- The sale of Goalquest, Inc., a web-based communications recruitment, enrollment and retention tool for educators, to Halyard Education Partners, LLC
- The acquisition of the US securities brokerage business of Investec Ernst & Company by Maxim Group LLC
- The sale of Teleponce Cable TV, the owner and operator of cable television systems in Puerto Rico, to Centennial Communications Corp.
Representative Venture Financings
- Represented Audiobyte, Inc., a music messaging platform, in connection with its Series A financing
- Represented Shisedo Americas Corporation, a global beauty and personal care company, in a Series A investment in Violet Grey, Inc.
- Represented a family office in a Series C investment in Agro Vision Corp., a grower, packer and shipper of fruits and vegetables
- Represented Yasso, Inc., a frozen greek yogurt business, in its Series A financing
- Represented AisleBuyer, LLC, a mobile shopping platform business, in its Series D and Series E financings
- Represented Skillz Inc., an eSports gaming platform, in its Series A, convertible note and Series D financings
- Represented Rosa Mexicano Company, an international upscale brand of Mexican restaurants, and its owners in a private equity investment by Goode Partners Consumer Fund I, L.P.
Representative Joint Ventures
- Represented an owner and operator of restaurants and catering services in a joint venture with a foodservice and support services company
- Represented fifteenfortyseven Critical Systems Realty, Inc., a developer and operator of custom-designed data centers, in joint ventures with CIM Group
- Represented Union Square Hospitality Group, LLC, Danny Meyer’s hospitality group, in connection with a strategic joint venture
- Represented a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care and the country's largest operator of physician networks in connection with a strategic collaboration agreement
- Represented Cityview Investments I Limited in the establishment of a joint venture with RIT Capital Partners PLC to make venture investments
- Represented Cityview Investments II Limited in the establishment of a joint venture with SICP LLP to make investments in the energy industry
A New York private equity team at Mintz helped Corinthian Capital Group, LLC sell North American air conditioning manufacturer Friedrich Air Conditioning Co., Ltd. to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2016. Mintz previously represented Corinthian in its acquisition of Friedrich and other deals.
Mintz has served as national transaction counsel for over 20 years for a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care. Mintz attorneys handle corporate, health care regulatory, employment, litigation, tax, and other related issues for transactions across the country.
Mintz represented a major US academic health system in a $200+ million transaction to sell assets related to its clinical outreach laboratory business. Attorneys from Mintz worked on due diligence and disclosures and advised the client on regulatory, trademark, real estate, and other issues.