Colin’s practice focuses on public finance matters such as tax-exempt and taxable financings. Serving as bond counsel, borrower’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, and bank counsel, Colin has advised clients on financings related to housing, transportation, higher education, health care, economic development, and project finance.
Colin’s work as bond counsel includes advising in the issuance of multi-family housing bonds and construction loan notes and transportation system revenue bonds. Colin also represents state agencies, banks, and other borrowers in the issuance of private activity bonds, student loan bonds, and 501(c)(3) bonds and represents bondholders and trustees in default and workout transactions for a variety of municipal bond sectors.
Prior to joining Mintz, Colin was a public finance associate at a law firm in Providence, Rhode Island.
Prior to his legal career, Colin served as the Director of Economic Development for the City of Lowell, Massachusetts, from 2002 to 2004, and as its Chief Planner from 1998 to 2002.
- Roger Williams University (JD)
- Iowa State University (MS, Community / Regional Planning)
- Iowa State University (BS, Community / Regional Planning)
- Represented Boston Water and Sewer Commission as bond counsel on a new money and refinancing deal, including an advance refunding. We also served as outside counsel on labor, employment, retirement benefit, litigation and related matters having significant impact on the client's credit profile.
- Represented MassHousing in connection with all of their multi-family programs for over 20 years. In 2017, we served as bond counsel to MassHousing in connection with 10 bond issues totalling approximately $350,000,000 and 2 note issues totalling over $100,000,000 and issuer counsel in connection with their Federal Financing Bank Participation Certificate Program.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts (Associate to Watch) – Banking & Finance: Public Finance (2013 – 2017)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Bonds/Government Finance list (2013 – 2017)