- Successfully defended companies in numerous industries against putative class actions alleging website inaccessibility and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Negotiated a successful settlement on behalf of JB Line, a cosmetics retailer, in a class action alleging violations of New York false advertising laws in connection with a beauty product.
- Successfully settled a class action alleging violation of the TCPA against Popeye’s, a fast-food restaurant chain. At the outset we filed and won a motion to stay the case pending the Supreme Court’s decision in Spokeo. After the stay was lifted we informed plaintiff’s counsel of our intent to file a motion to dismiss for lack of standing and they made a settlement demand.
- Obtained an early dismissal before an answer or motion practice in various class actions, including:
- Coerver v. Webimax., Southern District of Texas
- Makaron v. World Wide Vacations, Central District of California
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements in class actions involving statutory violations for the TCPA and the recording of telephone calls
- Counseled corporate clients to ensure compliance with telemarketing laws
Mintz defended the Cleveland Cavaliers in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) class action lawsuit filed in the Northern District of California. Mintz secured an extremely favorable settlement based on evidence that the filer is a serial plaintiff.