Ken’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, and financing of office, industrial, technology, retail, and multifamily properties. His clients include property owners, developers, and tenants operating on both a local and national scale.
During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Patti B. Saris of the US District Court, District of Massachusetts. Ken completed his final year of studies as a visiting scholar at Harvard Law School, where he represented pro bono clients in the Transactional Law Clinic and as a participant in the Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinical Program. Ken was a Summer Associate at Mintz in 2010.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (JD)
- Brandeis University (BA, magna cum laude)
- Served as in-house counsel (via secondment) for multi-billion dollar organization in Foxborough, MA with holdings in professional sports, real estate, and entertainment. Negotiated and advised on real estate matters pertaining to development, zoning and permitting, like-kind exchanges, acquisition and disposition of property.
- Represented international life sciences firm in connection with the relocation of its North American headquarters to anchor the first phase of a major new development campus in Cambridge, MA.
- Advised publicly traded owner and developer of Class A office buildings in all aspects of highly complex $700 million lease transaction, expansion, and redevelopment of technology company’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA – the largest lease consideration for a real-estate deal in the state in at least three years.
- Negotiated acquisitions and sales of nine-figure office buildings on behalf of real estate investment firm, including the sale of a Lower Manhattan office tower (2017) and the largest office-property sale in New England, 2013.
- Counseled multinational media company on all aspects of its acquisition and development of $125M broadcast center and regional headquarters in Greater Boston.
- Drafted and negotiated hundreds of leases and related contracts, and directly advised multi-billion dollar real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with office and industrial leasing transactions throughout the United States.
- Represented institutional investor in connection with multi-family residential, industrial, and commercial property financings in excess of $500 million.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar lease on behalf of publicly traded biopharmaceutical company for its new headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
- Pro Bono: represented nonprofit health center in Dorchester, MA in leasing a 10,000 square foot space to a unique not-for-profit grocery store bringing fresh produce and healthy prepared meals to the community.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Real Estate (2016 – 2018)
- Big Brother/Mentor, Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Steering Committee Member, B’nai B’rith Housing Emerging Leaders
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Member, Urban Land Institute