- Defeated class certification in a consumer product matter, where plaintiff alleged false advertising claims on basis of nonfunctional slack-fill in product’s container
- Prepared successful Motions to Dismiss in various class actions, including:
- Mackinnon v. Hof's Hut Rests., Inc., Eastern District of California
- Dillion v. Wingstop Restaurants, Inc., Southern District of California
- Summary judgment granted in class action matter alleging violation of California’s Health Studio Services Act
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements in class actions involving violations of the TCPA, as well as website inaccessibility issues under the ADA
- Counseled corporate clients to ensure compliance with telemarketing laws and the ADA
Mintz obtained a dismissal of a Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action for Hofman Hospitality Group restaurant Lucille’s BBQ without any discovery. The plaintiff claimed a text message about a dinner reservation that contained a link to specials violated the TCPA.