Before redeveloping an environmentally impacted property, you need to know the potential environmental risks and benefits. Avoiding regulatory issues requires a thorough understanding of the challenges that lie ahead. You should also be familiar with government incentives and risk allocation vehicles that encourage beneficial reuse.
Our nationally recognized environmental lawyers combine a deep knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations with extensive transaction and litigation experience to provide you with practical guidance. We will work closely with you to help define your business objectives and develop legal and business strategies and solutions that advance your agenda. From decades of experience, we know that risk management strategies must fit the specific circumstances, including the magnitude of risk, the importance of precedent, and relationships among the stakeholders.
- One of the largest environmental law practices in New England
- Frequently consulted by regulators and trade associations on cutting-edge issues
- Senior lawyers include two former general counsel of government agencies
- Environmental permitting for recent infrastructure projects involving more than $1 billion in capital investments
- Recent litigation includes amicus position largely adopted by US Supreme Court in CERCLA litigation
- Represented sellers, purchasers, and redevelopers of environmentally impacted properties in New England and across the United States
- Significant experience in determining, explaining, and negotiating terms for allocating environmental risks.
- Nationwide practice known for cost-effectively managing the convergence of property transfer, remediation, and financing
Areas of Focus
- Brownfield reimbursement programs
- Department of Housing and Urban Development financing
- Environmental assessment and remediation strategy
- Environmental insurance
- Impact of changing environmental laws on real estate and other business transactions
- Other financing options
- Securing tax advantages
- State and Environmental Protection Agency loans and grants
- State and federal permit requirements
Rankings & Recognitions
- Chambers USA: practice recognized every year since the guide’s inception
- Attorneys listed in Best Lawyers in America, Guide to the World’s Leading Environmental Lawyers, and Which Lawyer? Yearbook