At Mintz Levin, we understand the insurance regulatory landscape. We routinely advise our clients on the regulatory aspects of their most critical deals and counsel boards of directors on the changing regulatory landscape as it affects their operations. Additionally, our transactional attorneys have a deep understanding of insurance regulatory constraints and are able to advise of any potential issues during deal formation.
Our attorneys are well versed in New York, Massachusetts, and California Insurance Law and have experience handling significant matters before the New York Department of Financial Services and the New York Attorney General.
Our attorneys also have experience with captive insurance. This includes assisting clients with the design, formation, and licensing of captive insurance companies and advising on related regulatory compliance issues. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the reinsurance arrangements used by captives, including collateralization requirements and financial statement credit for reinsurance obligations. We also advise on and structure risk purchasing groups and risk retention groups for various industries.
Areas of Focus
- A full range of regulatory compliance issues
- The evolving landscape of insurance regulation, including developing US federal initiatives
- Creation and restructuring of insurers and reinsurers
- Responses to inquiries and examinations
Rankings & Recognitions
- Practice ranked nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in “Best Law Firms”
- Attorneys ranked by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers