Real estate project development and permitting requires technical skill and dedication as well as a deep understanding of the legal and business issues on a project. Our attorneys will help you manage the conflicting needs of developers, lenders, tenants, public authorities, and other stakeholders to find common ground and appropriate, cost-effective solutions. From site evaluation, due diligence, acquisition, permitting, zoning, and financing, to construction, leasing, and disposition, we take a proactive approach to your project and address issues before they become problems.
Our clients develop substantial commercial real estate projects, including retail, office, sustainable energy, multifamily residential, mixed-use projects, and sports facilities. Our clients rely on us for development-related advice that addresses the complexities and transactional demands of the real estate development process. Our team is committed to helping clients through the process — from concept to completion.
- 500 lawyers in 8 offices
- Core practice of the firm
- 35+ real estate attorneys with 25+ years of experience in sophisticated, large-scale real estate, acquisition, disposition, development, financing, and leasing transactions
- Practice and attorneys recognized for real estate law by Chambers USA
- Senior lawyers include a Commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Integrated group of attorneys and professionals with environmental law, litigation, energy and clean tech, tax law, and government relations experience
- Strategic real estate consulting services with our affiliate, ML Strategies, LLC
Areas of Focus
- Ability to analyze, structure, and coordinate projects involving significant complexity
- Provide advice on the following: