The L-1 visa category was intended to facilitate the transfer of executives, managers, and specialized knowledge individuals employed by multinational organizations. However, the road to securing and extending L-1 status is not always smooth. The panelists will discuss recent trends and issues to guide practitioners through the current landscape surrounding the L-1 nonimmigrant visa category.
- Matter of Z–A–, Inc. and USCIS’s Interpretation of the L-1A “Function Manager”
- USCIS Interpretation of L-1B “Specialized Knowledge”
- Blanket Ls: Visa Application Issues at the Consulate and Extension Petitions with USCIS
- Increased Border Scrutiny for L-1 Holders and Canadian L-1 Applicants
- Intermittent L-1 vs. Business Visitor: When Is an L-1 Needed?
- New Office Issues
- Can Contractors Qualify as Intracompany Transferees?