Article 9 Rights, Remedies, Foreclosures, Receiverships
- Representation of indenture trustee in obtaining two unlawful detainer judgments against municipality that had defaulted on bond payments.
- Representation of the indenture trustee in connection with $111 million receivership proceeding relating to a continuing care retirement community in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Representation of the indenture trustee in a multi-year Pennsylvania State Court receivership involving defaulted parking revenue bonds for the Scranton Parking Authority.
- Representation of numerous clients with respect to acquisition of assets through Uniform Commercial Code Article 9 foreclosures.
- Representation of the trustee for certificates of participation in a receivership case of a continuing care retirement community in California Superior Court. Issues include: state court receivership litigation, zoning and land use modifications, supplemental financing and asset sales.
- Representation of the indenture trustee in state court receivership for a Rhode Island detention facility.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in successfully securing millions of dollars in judgments and settlements in numerous pieces of complex litigation.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee is recovering significant funds in dozens of preference actions.
Mintz represented Bay Point Capital Partners, LP in investigations pertaining to its financing of a prepetition sale-leaseback transaction related to the bankruptcy case of Mission Coal Company, LLC. Our attorneys negotiated a settlement that protected the lender’s interests and made it whole.
Mintz represented the ad hoc committee in casino giant Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Mintz’s early summary judgment filing helped its clients settle with Caesars. ML Strategies helped to lobby Congress to oppose Caesars's proposed amendments to the Trust Indenture Act.