- Advised a large, US-based international fund sponsor on utilizing and structuring key life insurance products to minimize risk in certain investments.
- Advised a large, US-based international fund sponsor that was purchasing an asset from a liquidating family trust and drafted the relevant terms in the acquisition agreement and the London-based representation and indemnity insurance policy to ensure deal warranties were enforceable post acquisition.
- Counseled a specialty finance company subject to the Investment Act of 1940 regarding indemnification agreements.
- Counseled numerous private companies and individual directors on potential liability and pre-IPO activity exposures and customized specific insurance provisions to address those issues.
- Evaluated the insurance program of a mid-sized private company heavily regulated by state law, including analyzing its contracts and policies and creating an insurance captive as part of its risk management strategy.
- Advised numerous internationally based companies with regard to insurance protections worldwide and the effect on coverage in the event of bankruptcy.
- Provide risk management solutions to an American thoroughbred horse racing facility with respect to its racing, poker, golf, and dining exposures.
- Advised real estate management companies regarding insurance and indemnification provisions in lease agreements.
- Counseled a US-based company regarding managing risk worldwide by developing unique insurance coverage programs for trading platforms, back-office operations, specialized inventory risks, professional liability, claims procedures, management of claims, and coverage for terrorism risks.
Mintz represents an American thoroughbred horse racing facility on insurance and risk management issues related to its racing, poker, golf, and dining offerings. Mintz also advised the client on insurance and regulatory issues related to its acquisition of another racing facility.