Date: February 20, 2020
Time: 12:00PM - 2:00PM (EST)
Location: New York, NY
Mintz Of Counsel Michelle Capezza co-presented "Is Your Plan Data Secure? Best Practices for 2020" at the New York Chapter meeting of the Worldwide Employee Benefits Network (WEB).
Plan fiduciaries and service providers are responsible for keeping plan data secure, but keeping ahead of the hackers is a difficult task. The panel includes an ERISA attorney, a customer protection specialist at a plan provider and an IT specialist. Panelists will discuss potential exposure and practical steps to take to limit that exposure. The discussion will include:
- Potential fiduciary liability for breaches
- Vendor review and responsibilities of service providers
- Best practices for protecting data
- Should you have a data breach policy?
- How to Respond to Hacks and Breaches
- Cybersecurity insurance