Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, information has continuously evolved surrounding the virus and its effects on nearly every aspect of family and public life, particularly on families trying to balance work with remote or in-person learning for their children.
In this webinar, two experts from MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) discussed the following:
- Current updates surrounding the effectiveness and safety of COVID-19 vaccines
- Review of special considerations for children who have or had COVID-19 and related post-COVID illnesses, such as MIS-C
- Best practice recommendations for families and children of all ages as restrictions are eased in time for summer activities, social gatherings, and travel
- How children and adolescents’ mental health has been affected by the pandemic
- How to ensure children and their families can access preventative care and social supports in their communities