There are new developments at the U.S. consular posts in Poland. Beginning August 16, 2012, the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw and U.S. Consulate General in Krakow will introduce new services for visa applicants. Fee payment and appointment scheduling for nonimmigrant visa applicants and information (including online access) and courier services for all visa applicants, will be coordinated and become available at no additional cost. This is part of an effort of the U.S. State Department to improve service to qualified visa applicants in Poland.
Beginning on August 16, 2012, the following changes will take effect for all visa applicants:
- Applicants will have access to visa information online as well as through a call center at no cost. The call center will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
- Applicants will be required to pay their MRV visa fee at any Bank Pocztowy location in Poland (cash in local currency only). Fees must be paid in advance of making an appointment. Appointments cannot be made without confirmation of payment with a receipt number.
- Appointments will be made online or through the call center at no cost to the applicant.
- Applicants will select a TNT document pick-up location for their passport's return prior to scheduling a visa interview appointment.
- Applicants will be able to use the TNT document pass back option for documents requested by the Consular officer during the interview by dropping off documents at a TNT document pick-up location throughout Poland.
According to our latest information, all applications and payments made through August 14 will be honored by the Embassy through the current system of case processing and payment. More information may be found at http://poland.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas.html.