More than 25% of today’s employer health care costs stem from prescription drugs, and more than one third of this cost is on specialty drugs. By 2018, industry predictions indicate specialty drug costs may comprise 50% of all drug spending. Now more than ever, it is essential for employers of all sizes to have a clear understanding of prescription drug costs and the strategies needed to manage them. Topics to be discussed include:
- Overview of the current pharmacy landscape
- What drives prescription drug costs and overspending
- Pros and cons of carving out prescription benefits
- How to select a PBM, and understand PBM pricing and contracting
- Cost containment strategies for employers of all sizes
- Pharmacy benefit tools and employee engagement
Please join us for this essential program to help your organization understand and manage prescription drug costs.
To register, please click here.