Mintz Levin's Susan Cohen will speak on the panel, "Immigration Impact of Brexit and Free Trade Agreements" at the ABA Section of International Law's 2017 Europe Forum on June 12.
Free Trade expanded substantially from the 1960s to the 1990s with the Kennedy and Tokyo rounds of trade agreements. But since the turn of the 21st Century, there have been many changes. After 15 years, the negotiators for the first time failed to conclude a successful round of trade agreements. The 2016 U.S. presidential elections were characterized by anti-trade agreement sentiment, and Great Britain is set to withdraw from the EU. The Trump Administration has now announced its intent to enter a bilateral trade agreement with the UK.
What is the future of free trade as we have known it? This panel of experts from different countries will discuss the path forward.
- Panel Chair: Leslie Glick, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, Washington, DC
- Moderator: Hermann J. Knott, Luther Law Firm, Cologne, Germany
- Adw Syzmon Gostynski-Gostynski I Wsolnicy,Krakow, Poland
- Gloria Bofll, KWS Services West S.L.U, Barcelona, Spain
- Les Glick, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, Washington, DC
- Susan J Cohen, Mintz Levin, Boston, MA