- Representation of a Bermuda-based credit insurance company in connection with U.S. financial company’s lease-sale of helicopters to a Mexican company.
- Defense of a US financial company in a lender liability suit by a Latin American manufacturer
- Representation of a US financial company with respect to its claim on defaulted promissory notes against a Mexican steel manufacturer
- Representation of a US commodities trader in an arbitration in London against an Indian vendee of nonprecious metals
- Representation of a US commodities trader in an arbitration in Zurich, in respect to its claim regarding losses of nonprecious metals at a Macedonian tolling facility
- Representation of a Swiss general contractor against a US technology subcontractor, in relation to a subcontract in connection with the construction of an infrastructure project in Yakutsk, the Russian Federation
- Representation of an Austrian bank in litigation with an Argentinean bank concerning interbank deposits in the context of Argentina’s moratorium on external debt repayments
- Representation of an Italian manufacturing company in an arbitration in Singapore, in respect to a claim against an Indonesian counter-party
- Representation of diverse financial companies in arbitration and litigation proceedings concerning losses related to a Eurobond default
- Representation of a credit insurance company and the negotiation of recoveries for the benefit of several European and US-based insureds with regard to potential losses in Turkey, Mexico, and other countries
Mintz secured an arbitration award of more than $140 million for bank and insurance bondholders following a Eurobond default. The matter against the British Virgin Islander bond issuer, the Egyptian guarantor companies, and two individual owners was found to involve fraud and misappropriations of assets.