Rich is an accomplished public finance attorney whose practice focuses on high-yield, tax-exempt bonds, for both workout and new money transactions. Rich's clients include mutual funds, indenture trustees, private equity funds, and insurance companies. He brings a combination of strategic analysis, quantitative assessment, and negotiation skills that optimizes outcomes for his clients. Rich’s sector experience includes senior living, health care, multi-family housing, assessment districts, charter schools, solid waste disposal, and hospitality facilities.
Rich spent over ten years in firm management, including on the firm’s Policy Committee and as a division head for the public finance, real estate and bankruptcy sections and on the firm’s Diversity Committee. He designed training program in client satisfaction attended by over 100 Mintz members and has conducted frequent firm trainings on various subjects. He has applied LEAN process improvement techniques to promote quality, efficiency and budgeting accuracy in his practice area.
Rich believes in giving back to the community. He served for several years as the co-director of the firm’s community service efforts. He currently serves as Chair of the Board of the United Way of Mass Bay and Merrimack Valley.
- University of Chicago (JD)
- Brown University (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Banking & Finance: Public Finance (2012 – 2021)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Finance: Municipal Bankruptcy (2013 – 2016)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bonds/Government Finance list (2011 – 2013)
- National Federation of Municipal Analysts Meritorious Service Award (2006)
- Phi Beta Kappa