- Representation of Synata Bio, Inc., a bio-based renewable energy company, as the winning bidder in a bankruptcy auction of a cellulosic ethanol plant and electricity cogeneration facility in Hugoton, Kansas.
- Representation of numerous distressed real estate investment funds in acquisitions of commercial real estate under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Representation of Smyths toys in its acquisition of the Toys"R"Us central European business in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representation of K.D. Pharma as buyer in the Sancilio Pharmaceuticals bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Delaware.
- Representation of the debtor, a coated paper manufacturer, in a chapter 11 bankruptcy that resulted in a sale of substantially all of the debtor’s assets at a final price 64% above the stalking horse bid.
- Representation of clients in acquisitions from assignments for the benefit of creditors in multiple states.
- Representation of venture fund acquirer of assets of in Ultura, Inc. et al bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Delaware.
Mintz represented the ad hoc committee in casino giant Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Mintz’s early summary judgment filing helped its clients settle with Caesars. ML Strategies helped to lobby Congress to oppose Caesars's proposed amendments to the Trust Indenture Act.
Mintz prepared the winning bankruptcy auction bid that enabled bio-based renewable energy company Synata Bio, Inc. to acquire a cellulosic ethanol plant and electricity cogeneration facility in Kansas. Mintz also represented Synata in the subsequent sales transaction.