- Represent the leading trade association for the home appliance industry in all employment related matters, including employment terminations, offer letters, employment policies, wage and hour and other labor and employment compliance issues.
- Represent a fine goods and designer wedding retailer on all employment matters including background checks, review of sick leave policy, drafting of employment and separation agreements, workforce restructuring, and representation in an age discrimination charge filed by a former employee in the EEOC in Texas.
- Counsel and defend a leading commercial bank in various employment and litigation matters.
- Counseled the 911 Memorial Museum in employment and human resource related issues.
- Advised a non-profit organization with respect to an organizational restructuring to ensure operational efficiency.
- Serve as general outside counsel to a leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications on employment matters, counseling on a variety of internal legal matters such as reductions in force, separations, non-competes and trade secret work, wage and hour and discrimination matters, executive compensation and benefits.
- Represented an oncology drug development company in employment matters in connection with the reverse merger into a public company. The employment relationship of the executives was going to be impacted by the change to a public entity, which required extensive modification of the employment agreements and compliance with various federal laws and regulations applicable to officers of public companies.
- Represented a staffing company in the defense industry in numerous employment matters including resolving the claims of a putative whistleblower, assisting the company in an extensive re-write of the form agreements it uses for its employees for a project, handled various claims of discrimination and other HR and employment matters, and successfully responded to the accusation of the company’s former CEO that the company had violated his separation agreement.
- Represent a social media analytics company in all its U.S. employment law matters, which included providing advice and drafting separation agreements relating to various employee terminations in various locations around the country as well as advising on issues relating to employee non-compete and non-solicitation obligations.
Mintz advised an FBS institution on employment matters, including compliance with Title IX, regulations applicable to athletics aid and participation, and NCAA bylaws and policies. The university used Mintz’s guidance to update its Title IX training and compliance policies.