Employment Counseling and Training
Intimate Working Knowledge of Employment Law
Complying with the many employment laws that apply to your business is essential. But it's challenging. Our employment attorneys have a broad institutional knowledge of the numerous federal, state, and local employment laws that apply to employers in different industries. We'll help you remain in compliance and significantly reduce the likelihood of a claim. And in the event you face a claim, we'll help you avoid or minimize your liability.Share Awards
Attorneys ranked nationally in California, New York and Washington D.C. for Labor & Employment.
The New York Labor & Employment Practice was again recognized as “highly regarded."
Practice blog ranked the #1 Employment & Labor Blog, Am Law 200 Blog Benchmark Report
U.S. News and Best Lawyers®
Practice ranked nationally and in Boston, California, New York, and Washington DC
Practice blog ranked #10 in the Top 30 Am Law 200 Blogs, Am Law 200 Blog Benchmark Report
Areas of Focus
Our clients value our ability to represent them effectively in employment litigation. But they also value our ability to guide them through the overlapping maze of employment laws. Our team will help ensure your organization's compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations.
We team up with our clients, getting to know their businesses, challenges, and opportunities. Then we work to provide practical, business-based legal solutions. We have extensive experience with a broad range of employment issues: discrimination and harassment; leave management; reasonable accommodations; wage and hour; health and safety; employee mobility and trade secrets; and other issues that touch the HR lifecycle.
- Wage and hour issues, including proper classification of workers as employees or independent contractors, overtime and timekeeping practices and other wage payment issues
- Employee life-cycle compliance issues, including recruiting, hiring, retention, promotion, discipline, termination and post-termination
- Fair employment practices, including Title VII, EPA, ADEA, and ADA
- Noncompete restrictions and trade secret protections
- Implementation of compensation plans
- Leave management, including FMLA
- Affirmative action requirements
- Professionalism in the workplace, including harassment and discrimination, diversity and inclusion, unconscious bias, and bystander
- Ensuring nondiscrimination in the hiring and evaluation processes
- Wage and hour compliance
Leave and disability management
- Privacy in the workplace
- Internal HR investigations
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- State and local agency equivalents
- National Labor Relations Board
- Department of Labor
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
We routinely audit employment policies, practices and procedures in an effort to reduce employers' risks and ensure legal compliance. From employment applications to employee classification and timekeeping practices to the protection of trade secrets and confidential information to anti-harassment policies and procedures, our team can offer cost-effective steps that minimize exposure in a number of areas.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Our team will help ensure your organization's compliance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations. And, if necessary, we'll help you take legal action to protect your interests.